Swap meet was a success!
We were able to fine tune how it works and planned the next one for March 8th because so many wanted to be there but had other commitments.
EVEN STEVEN worked out great too!
We were all tickled at getting rid of stuff we were tired of looking at and getting NEW stuff for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Proof is in the pictures!
Shopping and protecting your low risers at same time! Talented!Â
How can you look so cute just contemplating what you get?Â
I didn’t even take photos of everything when it was in there as I was so busy eating….sorry!
Had to keep my priorities in line!Â
Just some of the goodies we took home!Â
No, they didn’t take Ms. Paparazzi home with them……
Worked out great!Â
For those of you that are wanting to do this in your area, go for it!
Plus, you may want to have jewelery swaps….clothing swaps……all kinds of ideas!
Below is the way it worked for us…this part could get boring unless you are wanting to try this for yourself….so skip if you just wanted to see the stash we took home! Love ya’ either way! ; )
How it worked for us: (fine tune for your party!)
1. You bring Home Good kind of items.
Â Any kind of home decor, kitchen serving pieces, lamps, pic’s, rugs, tablecloths, frames, mirrors, candles etc…………
2. It doesn’t matter how many!!!Â Even if you only haveÂ oneÂ item! You will still have fun and sometimes others bring extra’s and don’t want back the same amount that they bring and they divvy out their turns to others. Sometimes they donâ€™t. But bring your fewâ€¦you get same amount back! It is good that way!
3. It could be something you bought at a yard sale….we don’t care! Pretty plate, pretty decor….it just needs to fit the HomeGoods quality and Â description of their inventory.Â
4.Nothing broken, out of date or electronic. Nothing Holiday, unless party is Pre-Holiday. For example our next party is pre-Easter….Easter allowed!
5. Â When you get to the home that is hosting the party, you get rubberbands for the amount of items that you bring. Know how many items you have to make it easier on the hostess. If you have ALOT of items….come at least 20 minutes before scheduled party time to help get your items Â unloaded, displayed etc.
6. If it goes together, it is a SET. For instance dishes…….matching floral……..window treatments……that is ONE rubber band. Somebody may say…. â€œI only want one of theseâ€, when it is their turn and leave the others that you had as a set. if so….. you get another rubber band, as it adds another turn.
7. We draw names for order of who goes first and just follow that order. You turn in a rubberband for each turn.
5. We use a timer to say how long it can take to get your item…when timer is finished, next person is UP! It will be a battle to get the goods! In a fun way.
6. Bring a simple appetizer! Do NOT bring alot…..if everyone brings something small…it adds up. Come in work clothes. It doesn’t matter! We keep these parties simple, just a fun way to get free stuff! Â The eating is important because while we eat……we shop…..strategize what we are getting first ; ) ………..covet…….drool……get the picture?
7. MOST IMPORTANT FOR OUR PARTIES…….
EVEN STEVEN TRADES!
IF I BRING A BIG RUG AND TRADE FOR DÃ‰COR PLATE……
YAY! I GOT RID OF A RUG I WAS TIRED OF AND GOT A NEW DÃ‰COR PLATE THAT Â I DIDN’T HAVE TO BUY!!!! Â
FURNITURE FOR FLORALâ€¦YES…..EVEN STEVEN!Â
Get it??? It’s all good!
8. Switch houses to host party. It widens the circle and doesnâ€™t burden just one person! Just make sure hostess needs to understand they need an open space that their dÃ©cor is removed from or covered, so that there is no confusion on what goes.
Some suggestions prior to your party to build excitementâ€¦.
As you gather your itemsâ€¦take a photoâ€¦..cc all of those that you invitedâ€¦invite others to do the same. It get’s everyone excited as they see what stuff will be there.
You may want to put out your shopping list to all ; ) Give people ideasâ€¦..
For exampleâ€¦.â€Hey yaâ€™ll, I would love a skinny lamp for my buffet table!â€.Â
Others could do their â€œshout outsâ€ tooâ€¦â€¦
It all boils down to keeping it simpleâ€¦.sweetâ€¦.fun and FREEEEE!
If you try it. Please link up to this post and tell us about! We would love to hear.
I am linking to:Â
I am linking to:Â