My finger hurts.

In my “Because you asked” series of posts. I realized how tired and worn out my pool furniture was looking.
I was so embarrassed.
So……yesterday…….when I told my hubby we were just going to relax by the pool…..
Well, I kept looking at them……
And I got more embarrassed.
Did nobody not want to say something?
I thought you all were my boogie checkers? Remember that post?
Just so you know……and won’t think I like ratty, sun damaged furniture.
The sun is brutal in that area…….it’s really pretty brutal in any area in our region on outdoor furniture.
And
I have went through several sets of furniture.
And
I always get used or for a deal, so don’t be scared that it’s costing me big bucks.
You all are so sweet to be concerned about that….
You were, weren’t you?
But if plain ‘ole shabby was in.
I would have been cool with this stuff.
 But alas.
Shabby is not cool on it’s own……so relaxing by the pool yesterday didn’t happen.
For me anyways.
Which Romeo always knows it means for him as well, poor man.
 This set was a $100.00 set from Walmart. Two chairs, couch and table. White cushions included.
I just recently purchased the blue cushions for the two chairs. They are Walmart as well.
I have had this set for three years so it has held up rather well.
Considering the fact that my boy and I put it together from scratch…….
I was proud.
He was irritated.
But it had seen it’s better days.
But lookie……….
 Bam!
 Kapow!
Wam!

Oooooohhhh……..
Ahhhhhh………..
And even threw in some distressing, don’t ya’ know…….
They would start like this……
And end up like this.
Fresh…….
I only had enough paint to finish up with this piece.
How did I achieve such wondrous results, you ask?
You didn’t ask?
Well…..let me tell you anyways.
I used spray paint.
Yes, spray paint, little ones.
I didn’t want brush strokes on these pieces.
I didn’t.
But
My right finger hurts.
I will get over it but I wanted to whine.
“I was injured….I was injured bad…..”
Do you know what commercial I’m quoting?
Did you guys ever see that little commercial about insurance with the little boy that says…..
“he was injured bad”…..
If you did….skip this part……If you didn’t…..go with my ADHD and enjoy…..
How cute is that?

“I’m injured bad.”
Today, I am going to try to finish the furniture but I am going to go buy a nozzle thingy.
I used 99cent cans for base coat. Then $3.00 cans for top coat. Took about one can per item. I then distressed and waxed.
Short and sweet tutorial…isn’t it?
Not much relaxing going on around the pool right now…….
Especially when you now have this look going on.
So whatcha’ think?
Like the difference?
Before.
After…..
Before…..
After…..
And finally……..
Wa Lah!
Ya’ll could have told me how bad they looked, you know….
I wouldn’t have been ill.
I would have still loved you.
You must have been so ashamed.
I will finish this random project up and show you the complete look.
I’m finishing up my new “drop cloth” curtains.
And
I still haven’t told you guys about how I made those last time and the “issues” that happened there.
But I will.
Let me know what you think!

ps. I’m linked up to:

0 thoughts on “My finger hurts.

• May 2, 2011 at 11:52 am

So ambitious when you “relax”. Your husband will never want to sit out by the pool with you again. You probably get that gleam in your eye and he can tell the wheels are turning. That is his sign to retreat quickly. They look great….and yes spray painting that many pieces can take a toll on the ‘ole fingers and hands. I would be interested if you have blogged about your fireplace. Is that a stand alone unit? If so, I wouldn’t mind the link. We were thinking about something similar. Thanks for sharing.
    Connie (akalou)

• May 2, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Love the transformation but with ya on the hurts of spray paint. I never got the squeeze trigger attachment to work and wish you better luck with it. DearHelenHartman.blogspot.com

• May 2, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I got the cheap one…..it broke almost immediately. I HOPE the next one works. Getting ready to check out your blog. I LOVE when people put their blogs on here! Thanks for stopping by! Love, Me

• May 2, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Kapow is right! What a wonderful transformation. They look so chic now. Sorry about your finger, though. 🙁 Maybe you should make some lemonade and relax for a while in your beautiful outdoor set!!!!

I found you from TDC! I’ll be looking around at the rest of this great blog!

• May 2, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I love it. It looks GORGEOUS! The new color is wonderful together with both the blue and white cushions. I’m jealous. 🙂

• May 2, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Love it….looks great!! You are an animal, Rebecca. hahaha

Love, Joni

• May 2, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I love the new look! I only wish I had seen it about three weeks ago. I painted our porch rockers and I did it by hand and those suckers about killed me! I wish I had thought to spray paint…the $ I spend on the stupid oil based paint and the time I spent trying to get between the slats on the seats about did me in! I thought it would be a small job that would just take a few hours and it took lots of hours on Saturday & Sunday:(! Sorry your finger hurts but look what you have after all that work!!!

• May 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm

ok.. i must admit I didnt even look at the distressed furniture before. I was oggling that the rest of the area. you did a fabulous transformation though and it gives a new look to the whole area!

• May 2, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I have not seen anything as funny as that video in a while….still laughing…..it is sooo cute. I have forwarded it to a bunch of folks that probably need a good laugh! OMG, sooo funny and cute. As to the furniture……I never noticed that it was less than sparkling either. So overwhelmed by your beautiful space that it was not noticeable at all!! Now that you have it looking so great though……let’s talk about that bare concrete and maybe painting a nice rug there in the seating area….no spray paint though. Saw a patio redo with an awesome floor the other day, I’ll find it and post a link for you!! Don’t tell Romeo I suggested this though! Take care, VBg

• May 3, 2011 at 10:26 am

Love the after! To tell you the truth, I didn’t pay any attention the the furniture in the original post or I would have thought, “Hmm. I wonder if she realizes how bad that stuff looks!” Ha! I would never have thought to use spray paint though. Great idea!

• May 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Stacey….I’m sorry! I was too lazy to try it your way. your way will probably last longer if that is any consolation. Is it? Sorry : ( ; ) Love, Me

• May 3, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Is that not the cutest video. You are the only one that commented so I’m wondering how many watched it ; ) I just saw the title on the video today…..I probably looked like a pervert. If people think I am a perv. please click on the video….it’s not bad! Promise. VBG….I can’t get your painted rug out of my head. Three of them. one for each section of cabana. I had thought of a long time ago…..but that’s as far as that thought went. Hmmmmmm……find that link! Your secret is safe with me. : ) Love, Me