I’m a maniac…..

These two roped me into a commitment today that kept me from digging into any new projects……..

Want to see what?

A three mile mud run…..Naked chest boy…..mine….cutie pie behind him…..his girlfriend…..Next one….my brother….next one……Freebird…..then me and my sister-in-law and soon five hundred other people.

This was the first obstacle….

They left me in their dust soon after.

Freebird stuck with me.

She made it so much fun.

Naked chest boy…..mine.

Me struggling and forgetting how Freebird stuck it with me throughout the whole race…….

I didn’t care apparently.

She was on her own.

This was the last leg of the race.

That’s what I get for leaving her behind.

She was always there……encouraging me.

Mom…don’t puke.

Mom…..get off the ground.

Mom….why did you wear a tennis skirt?

Mom….it is only a tractor tire you have to wear on this leg of the race…buck it up!

Mom….it is only three hay bales you have to climb!

Mom….why are your eyes rolling back in your head?

WE DID IT!

By the way……there are shorts attached under this skirt.

I kept saying it out loud so people wouldn’t think I was a floozy.

By the end, it was so soaked with water they were about to come off my body…….

I know……DOOFUS HEAD!

Could  those women look anymore fit and I anymore overheated?

Sweet time with my kids and family…..

Faithful Romeo was our photographer and cheerleader.

With our other cheerleaders.

Sister with her “kidney stone” baby sitting next to her…..and my momma.

Kidney stone baby, you say?

Yep…….thought she would never have anymore babies……17 years since last one and every kind of fertility treatment. Went to Dr. for bladder problems…..Wahhhh lah……You’re pregnant and 45, the Dr. says……

Miracle baby boy….now 2.

Three weeks ago.

Another beautiful miracle baby girl.

Her tubes are now officially tied.

Fun time…….

I do have to say that today was fun and I thank these two for initiating it……

And this one for getting me through it.

Just wanted you guys to see what I was up to.

What did you do this weekend?

Any special plans?

Have you ever ran in a race or done anything like this??? I never have! Never thought I could!

Let me know!

0 thoughts on “I’m a maniac…..

• May 28, 2011 at 9:11 pm

OMG! this looks like sooo much fun! Dirt and running… what else could you ask for. wish I was having this much fun this weekend.

• May 28, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I have only done 5ks.  That looks crazy.  You look like you should be one fo the sisters and not the mother.  Thanks for sharing.

• May 29, 2011 at 4:55 am

Nope, Nope, Nope… never done anything like that… never will… : ) Well, I have done a few mud football attempts… was not very good though… Looks like you had fun though… & can’t beat a day like that with the fam, you will talk about it forever… BUT I can’t get over… sister having baby at 45 & then did you say 47???  Good for her…that will keep her young :)  Bet she has had a lot of  “happy for you, glad it is not me” looks : )   What a Blessing for her.. makes me smile…

• May 29, 2011 at 3:28 pm

This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Never heard of a MUD RACE..
    Wet T Shirt
    Mud wrestling
    but never a Mud Race.
    Too cute…
    You are a doll…:)) (a kinda red doll here):o)

• May 29, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Hey Girl,  I did think about being in that race but I said Naaaaaaaaaaa.  I was a chicken about the mud stuff.  However, I have been in 2 other 5K races and plan on being in another one in July.  It is a great way to motivate yourself to exercise on a regular basis.  I do it to TRY and keep in shape to keep up with my grandkids…..and to keep my old body moving as long as possible.  I did my 1st 5K when I was 50!!!!  and loved it.  I don’t do it to win, I just want to make it to the end still breathing HA HA HA.  These events are very additive and so much fun.  I bet I see you in another one soon 🙂

• May 29, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I have to say I’ve never done anything like that, but it looks like it was so much fun!  My sister would love to do that!  Where was it?  I think it’s awesome that you guys did that together as a family.

• May 30, 2011 at 1:37 pm

That looked like an awesome way to spend the day!! Good for you for wading in!

• May 31, 2011 at 4:19 am

I’ve been wanting to do one of these!  I found one nearby this summer. I’ve gotta sign up!   Looks like a blast!

• May 31, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I am so jealous of you doing this! I think it looked so fun! Several of my friends did it.  I think I will do it next year!  Looked sooooo fun!  What is better than grown ups getting to play in the mud?!  We went to the mountains for the weekend…which was fun in a different way – I did fall in the river while hiking, so I guess I did my own version of “muddin” it!