Eureka! Almost………

So, in my past post…..here……I shared with you how I am trying to re-do my “traditional” style lamp.

I am still struggling with my shade……

BUT I AM SO CLOSE!

Trudy emailed me a suggestion of what she had used to make this cutie pie shade…….

Trudy said:

“Cover white shade with beigy osnaburg fabric, it’s thin enough to let light through and I think you could glue it on with spray glue”

EUREKA!

But I didn’t have “osnaburg fabric”……or any fabric…..but I did have spray adhesive!

I was trying to figure out what to use and the burlap shades were soooooo expensive, so they were out!

Burlap Tapered Drum Lamp Shade, Extra-Large, Bleached

Burlap Tapered Drum Lamp Shade

$39.00 – $69.00
I needed the $69.00 one of course.

I was going for this look……..

Architectural Salvage Lamp Bases

And I was NOT getting it.

Until Trudy’s comment and email got my wheels turning….

Isn’t that the great thing about blogging?

We are inspired from comments, and from seeing what others share….I love it !

So…..it is still in process…….and I can only give you just a peek.

For my fabric….I had an old tablecloth, that I had gotten from a yard sale and never used.

I had adhesive…………..

But it’s not there yet……it has been a “booger”.

So close, yet so far away!

And I can’t finish it for a couple of days.

Unless, you all want to surprise me and come over and finish it for me.

Guys?

Hellooo??

Anyone?

I will finish it, I just wanted you guys to see how close it is!

It may end up being my favorite recent project….for realz….plus, I am ready to start on some other lamps!

I am so excited!!

But listen, do me a favor please!!!!

Off the blogging topic we would like your real life prayers.

Romeo goes in tomorrow for total knee replacement…..dang yoga(it actually is wonderful and i will share that later as well)……but we would love your prayers!

We go in tomorrow at 11:30 for surgery and he will be in the hospital until Friday and then physical therapy after that.

His knee is shot and it he has put it off as long as he can……so he is READY!

Keep him in your prayers!

I will update you and we have a SPECIAL, SPECIAL guest blogger Wednesday. I can’t wait for you to meet her!!!!

Actually, I haven’t asked her yet….because I need your help in “coaxing” her out.

Let her know you want to hear from her.

You will love her!

I know it.

Keep us in your prayers!

0 thoughts on “Eureka! Almost………

• July 12, 2011 at 1:58 am

Lifting your Romeo up. My Mom had both of hers done (not at the same time). Lots of pain but she did it. Hoping all goes well. Please keep us posted. Can’t wait for your guest blogger. Love the shade so far!

• July 12, 2011 at 3:15 am

The shade is so perfect.  Don’t you just hate it when you know there is a solution but somebody has to whack you in the head for you to see. lol  Prayers are going up for Romeo.  Hope everything goes well.

• July 12, 2011 at 3:33 am

Rebecca, that looks so great!! I can’t wait to see your finished shade!! That fabric looks so much like burlap only a much finer texture than the burlap sacks, maybe you should look for more tablecloths!! Ha, ha!!
    Here is a link for Osnaburg:

Please pass my best wishes on to Romeo and be sure that he will have some extra prayers going out for his speedy recovery!! I will add a few for you and your children as well as I know you will worry! We will be praying for you all to make it through this successfully!!

Take care, VBg

• July 12, 2011 at 10:11 am

Great idea!
    Prayers are on their way all the way from Spain!!! All will be well, don’t worry!

• July 12, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I will pray for both of you, Rebecca. My sweetie had it done an year ago. It was a great success and he feels much better. However, it is a long and tough recovery. Encourage (aka nag) him to be faithful with his exercises and pt – it is the major factor in a good outcome. And please take care of yourself! My honey was a great patient, but it still was a lot of work on my part.

Big hugs,
    Celia

• July 12, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Praying for both of you, Chick.  Keep us posted.

• July 12, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Can’t wait to see the finished shade. I do love the color of the lamp.
    Praying for a speedy recovery for Romeo!

• July 12, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I used spray adhesive on a lamp shade makeover and it didn’t hold up very well.  Within a few months the fabric was curling up at the corners and eventually flapping down.  Not pretty.  Make sure you get really great coverage with your adhesive.  Maybe mine was just cheap…

Prayers for you and especially Romeo.  Best of luck!