Heat Wave

Today I got in my car and my outside temperature gauge read 107 degrees.

That is dang hot and that temperature didn’t even register what the heat index made it feel like.

Which would be……dang hotter.

My son works on the beach all day long.

He loves it but comes home drained.

One of his favorite evening things to do after coming home is to play with his best friend…..

Not me.

His other best friend.

This friend loves the water hose.

My son can sit his weary body down on the front steps and spray the hose all over the yard……

And Troy loves it.

I mean……

LOVES it.

A good way to end a hot weary day.

I hope you guys are all staying cool!

Say a prayer for those that may not have A/C or a working A/C…………..

And keep yourselves hydrated …….

Even if it means having a good soak in our front yard.

Doesn’t Troy make playing in the water hose look so fun?

Is it hot where you are?

What are you doing to stay cool?

Do you have family members that have to work outside?

I would love to know.

Just because I’m nosy, hot and can’t sleep right now.

Our A/C has literally quit upstairs…which is where I sleep… which it has done this three times in the last month……which has been during our worst heat wave….which has frustrated me to no end because it is a brand new unit which cost us a fortune.

I am hot and frustrated.

Sympathetic to those with NO A/C right now….At least I can at least sleep downstairs if it starts heating up too much.

Stay cool!

0 thoughts on “Heat Wave

• July 22, 2011 at 11:33 am

First let me say, I love you.  Now, don’t panic, I’m an old grandma, so I luvs ya like a kid.  I’ve subscribed to your blog and look forward to it every day…..(no, I DON”T need a life, I like this one!).  So….let’s talk hot.  I live in Arizona.  Not the cool, green mountains, but Goodyear…near Phoenix.  HOT.  And that ‘dry’ heat you hear about?  When the monsoon starts, fuhgitaboutit!  It’s humid, too.  But the other 8 months of the year are so great, that I’m not going to complain.  Anyway, I really enjoy reading your blog….you are so much fun!  And I totally envy you for your front yard.  Again, Arizona.

• July 22, 2011 at 1:32 pm

check w/ your local a/c place and your electric co.  We have a deal here in Ga where you can get an NEW A?C and make payments interest free through the electric company!!!!  I have several friends who have taken advantage of this deal…… think it is a federal program!  So jump on it ……..  my friends bill went up $50/month for the new a/c unit!!!

• July 22, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Its HOT here, too…so hot that even when we use the hose it seems like HOT water is coming out of it.  My honey is employed by the US Forest Service & has been working out in this heat 6 days a week since the first of June.  I DO NOT know how he does it…it makes me cranky leaving my a/c house to get in my a/c car to drive to my a/c job…he never complains.  Love your Troy & that your son takes the time out to play with him.  Hope you can get the a/c fixed soon!

• July 22, 2011 at 2:32 pm

yes so hot in Ohio too my son has football workouts  and one got cancelled on weds.  to day the went ahead and did one at 9 am before it gets too hot.  Your pup looks so fun loving and sure enjoyed the play with the hose.
    KAT

• July 22, 2011 at 3:53 pm

@df06828353520f162dc9b885c0311a1b:disqus  Thank you for loving me! I love you too! Like a grandma….not a girlfriend ; ) I have never been to Arizona and minus the yucky months….it sounds wonderful! PLUS…..on of my favorite reality show persons ( I have never shared this publicly) lives there! Can you guess who it is? It is my favorite reality show ever! Love, Me

• July 22, 2011 at 3:54 pm

@bcbf848c0cabc6ae9066cedb2a2e9d1a  What an awesome deal! We paid for our unit and I did check with ours hoping we had some kind of program and didn’t. What a great way to finally use government monies! Thank you so much for sharing! Love, Me

• July 23, 2011 at 2:58 am

Check.  It’s even unbelievably hot in Wisconsin.  My morning run (I almost said my morning RUNS, but that sounded gross) has felt more like a morning swim.  In hot water.  It’s so hot they cancelled a swim meet this week. You know it’s hot when it’s too hot to swim.

• July 24, 2011 at 11:44 pm

It was hot here in Minnesota. Not so much the temp, but the dew point was way up there. I use to live in Houston, Texas and Minnesota reminded me of there last week.  I have no A/C and it was a tad warmly as my Mom use to say. Oh well, we don’t have too many days each summer like this so I guess I can suffer through it.

• July 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm

@146e5cca9ae5baec796bdf83c487bd28:disqus  I cannot imagine how your honey does it either! Love you stopping by and hopefully our a/c is now up and running! Love, Me

• July 26, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Kat Griffin  I am glad they had the consideration to at least cancel with the hot weather. I cannot stand when they have the kids out there practicing and working out in this deadly heat. I hope you are enjoying your summer and love you stopping by! Love, Me

• July 26, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Molly, I’m just so impressed that you were running first. You are my hero! Cannot believe they canceled a swim meet? I have seen photos online of people putting bags of ice in pools. I cannot believe ours isn’t hot with how hot our weather has been! Love you stopping by! Love, Me

• July 26, 2011 at 2:38 pm

@NordicGirl2:disqus  I am soooooo envious that you can live in a house with no a/c. I am picturing old, beautiful, country charm……no a/c…..lower electric bills……sounds wonderful! Love, Me

• July 26, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I’m so sorry to disappoint you Hon. I live in a condo in Minnetonka, Minnesota. It’s nice here and I do have a large deck, but I do face the courtyard, condo speak for parking lot with trees. I love it though, so that’s all that matters. Close to shops, walking and downtown Minneapolis. Oh and the lakes!

• July 26, 2011 at 2:57 pm

NordicGirl2  I’m still envious. No expensive upkeep of yards and decks etc. I was just looking at our front door needing stripped and restained and back deck needing stained and thinking….it never ends. So there! You are still lucky! Love, Me

• July 26, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Yeah, this place is pretty nice. It’s well maintained and I don’t have to do it. Sweet!!