Sitting out for a bit!

Hey guys, I’m here!

Were you missing me?

Guys?

Anyone there?

I have been a little consumed with……..

But the numbers are WAY higher…….way…way….higher.

I don’t smoke……drink very little….am only 41……..

175 over 120 last night.

Crazy, isn’t it?

Going to get that checked on later this week…..

BUT

I have been up to some stuff though that you guys may want to hear about……

You have heard about these window treatments FOREVER…..

Guess what?

Woo Hoo! They have finally been made!

I know that I’m using flash but it was raining you a storm outside…(thank you LORD! Awful drought here!)

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW EASY THESE WERE FOR ME TO MAKE!

ONE EASY STEP!

Well, first I had a few steps.

I unrolled the fabric…….printed out the Roman Shade tutorial………and started getting totally overwhelmed…..

I thought to myself…..

I wonder?

What if someone is advertising on Craigslist and would make these for me…really, really cheap?

THIS WAS MY ONE EASY STEP.

I called a Craigslist ad…..

Custom Sewn Home Decor

Date: 2011-07-27, 11:34PM EDT
Reply to: sale-dempc-@craigslist.org
I have begun making custom drapes, curtains, roman shades, pillows, duvets & a little of everything. Also some minor upholstering. I can send pics of items I have done. Prices vary, depending on what you get, if you purchase the fabric, & so fourth. Have something in mind, email me & I can quote you a price. Quick turnaround time & far less than what the stores would cost.And specializing in modern, contemporary window treatments! Pics upon request.

Don’t hate on me.

I’m sickly.…remember?

You could make my blood pressure go up.

She was very inexpensive and fast….TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Look how long they are?

Can you imagine if I just left them down. Would be very welcoming, wouldn’t it?

They were a big project though!

She had to line up the pattern….do my lining…….sew stuff…..do stuff…..make stuff.

I really think it was over my skill level.

Too much stuff….too little time.

But at least they are up!

I don’t know that I would recommend this specific seamstress out.

There were a few issues…

I still have to “fine tune” my shades a bit……

But well worth the money.

This room has come a long way.

From here…..

To here…..

To here……..

And now…….

So would you hire an affordable seamstress for less than what you would buy the window treatments for…including your fabric?

Have you ever started a project but felt that it may be “over your skill level”?

I would love to know what you think!

I have missed hearing from you all…….

ps….I may have a few less post this coming week as we figure out what is going on with my blood pressure…..but I love hearing from you! Keep in touch! Love, Me

0 thoughts on “Sitting out for a bit!

• July 29, 2011 at 5:00 am

Well, they are perfectly lovely. Looks like a job well done.
    & I would not hire someone, as I am that person…. never thought to advertise on Craigslist though…maybe someday.. I have enough business right now.. : )
     Your dining area looks beautiful & the shades give it a very finished look…

• July 29, 2011 at 5:02 am

Oh & good luck on the blood pressure deal.. I have no knowledge whatsoever on that subject…

• July 29, 2011 at 9:25 am

Dang girl. Get your butt to the doctor. Doesn’t matter how fit you are or if you smoked or not. Sometimes it runs in families and sometimes it just happens to an unlucky few. If the doctor gives you meds, take them!! Don’t be like my friend’s dumb husband who didn’t and had a mild stroke. He’s better now, but learned his lesson the hard way! Take care and I love the drapes. Mom could have sewn these. I’m not talented in that department. I’d have to find someone to make them.

• July 29, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I have been missing you…worried about that bp! I hope they can get it under control quickly. Is it always high or does it goe up when you are stressed? If that is the case you gotta settle down & stop stressing!!! (I know easier said than done-especially for a woman). Love the shades…what an AWESOME idea to even think to check CL for someone to do it. The material is wonderful…love everything about the room. Keep us posted on the bp! Hope you have a blessed weekend;)

• July 29, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Please go to a doctor, sweet patootie! It is very easy to ‘fix’ this problem. None of us like to take drugs, but IF it is recommended by your do, just do it. Then you can also work on those tough lifestyle issues, i.e. reducing stress, losing weight and/or exercising. (I am NOT saying you need to address any of those things, Rebecca, but so many of us do…)
    We all want you to take good care of yourself!
    Hugs,
    Celia

• July 29, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Sorry your not feeling well:-( the room is so neat. Loved seeing it in the progress:-) I tackled a sewing project years ago…I wanted a new easter outfit but by no means had the money for it. I did have a stash of fabric( go figure) well anywho..I got my pattern a dress and jacket..and did lots of praying literally…”Lord you have to make me understand how to do this…” after getting it cut out sewen together the dress didn’t FIT. Oh was I sad, but…. thot ….I will cut it off make a top, I had enough fabric to sew up a very simple elastic waist skirt, after 8hrs of sewing I had a very nice suit. The down side was I started having pain n my stomach went to the dr in the next couple of weeks n found I needed surgery for a non-cancerous tumor.

• July 29, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Rebecca, do not take this bp thing lightly.  Bob was diagnosed in 1990 but didn’t consistently take his meds because he didn’t like the way they made him feel.  The only thing consistent was his high blood pressure.  Fast forward 11 years and he died from a ruptured aortic dissection caused by years of untreated high blood pressure.  I don’t want that to happen to you!

• July 29, 2011 at 7:38 pm

How did you discover your bp was high? Maybe you’re pregnant…..?……

I think your shades are really nice.

• July 29, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Yes, I missed you!  I missed my morning smile!  You take care of yourself.  Blood pressure is nothing to play around with.  Keep us posted on how you’re doing.  Prayers coming your way.

• July 29, 2011 at 10:53 pm

I truly love this area in your home! LOVE the table & chairs & love the chandy! It all looks WONDERFUL!

• July 30, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Your shades look great! Nice work!!
    Have you considered painting your windows and trim white? I think that would make them really pop!

• July 31, 2011 at 2:17 pm

@864062ba487291d6ffa6c778d76a30e5:disqus  No womb : ( Two hysterectomies when I was in my thirties….yes, two…….Migraines coming on…..started feeling hot….weird……and I wondered……Love, Me

• July 31, 2011 at 2:18 pm

@43960016a2ab6b068344b1b2fc49f9ef   I won’t take it lightly. Booked an appt the next day but takes over a week to get in….been monitoring in the meantime. I think of Bob often….Thank you for the warning. Miss you! Love, Me

• July 31, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Not feeling bad but LOVE any extra sympathy : ) Your project is so my life but LOVE how you salvaged it!!! Boo on the non-cancerous tumor but YAY on the NON part! Please keep checking in! Love, Me

• July 31, 2011 at 2:27 pm

@google-04bb6998a6f3be3ac07cfb9513d6c579:disqus  I am going to go to a Dr. later this week…only time I could get in. I agree with the extra things that may play a part in BP…..I am afraid this is in my “gene pool”. I thought I had been the only lucky one in 7 and escaped the BP issues because I had made extra effort to not eat fried foods….exercise etc. BUMMER. Love hearing from you! Love, Me

• July 31, 2011 at 2:28 pm

@146e5cca9ae5baec796bdf83c487bd28:disqus  Will be going to the Dr. soon…….Awesome or lazy….I am glad I checked Craigslist and had someone else do them! : ) Love hearing from you! Love, Me

• July 31, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Please have your mom stop by as I have a few other sewing projects : ) You are right about the BP…regretfully…Love hearing from you! Love, Me

• July 31, 2011 at 2:29 pm

@586eb13bbb3438656c87749779527cbc  Thanks Kathy! I do not have an idea either! I am finding out as I am experiencing! Love, Me

• July 31, 2011 at 2:30 pm

@586eb13bbb3438656c87749779527cbc:disqus  Don’t you want to come live nearby? I have a few extra projects needed ! : ) Thank you for stopping by! I envy your gifts! Love, Me

• July 31, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Hope everything went well at the doctor’s anyway. Sorry to tell you, Mom passed away in 2001. I wish I would have learned more stuff from her, but I’m just not the indoors type of gal. Except when it comes to painting and fixing crap. She was all about the creative side. My aunt was too. Why did it have to skip my generation. Dang!! Thanks for trying Mom!

• July 31, 2011 at 9:12 pm

OMG On the blood pressure…..you must have had a screaming headache…….did you say you had a migraine??? Reason I ask is I had an issue with my BP years ago, had to go to ER and it took meds by IV to bring it down it was so high. I had been using Imitrex for the migraine and come to find out that was causing BP to go up, making headache worse, more Imitrex, higher BP etc. Till I finally ended up at the ER. Just mentioned it in case you are using something like that…..you are probably right about the hereditary thing though, that is common.
    OMG on the roman shades, only you would have looked on CL to find someone!! They do look great though. I still think you could have made them……of course your blood pressure would have really been high then!! Please take care of yourself sweetie, those are some scary numbers you talked about!! I worry about you and will be sending lots of prayers your way for you to get better! Let us know how you’re doing ok?
    Take care darlin…VBg

• August 24, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Wow……… What a decoration is this! I really love your arrangemtents