Loading up!

Today is the day!

Freebird and I are leaving to move her into her new apartment FIVE HOURS AWAY!

I’m cool with that.

No problem here.

Can’t wait.

One extra room here.

Less laundry to do.

Less food. to buy.

No one stealing my clothes.

I am so fine with this.

Really, I am……….

Ok, I’m struggling a bit.

Ok, maybe more than a bit.

Freebird is ready……I don’t think it came soon enough for her.

Brat.

Why can’t we be roomies until she is a little older……

Like in her 40’s or something.

What’s not fun about that?

That would be healthy wouldn’t it?

I bet you anything when she gets in her own place and doesn’t have anyone asking where she is going, telling her to clean up, giving her advice, suggesting she wear something different, asking for together time, making her still have chores…..

I bet you anything, she is going to miss this.

~GULP~

I will be blogging you when I can this week as we set up her new “digs”………

Can’t wait to see how we can put all of the fun stuff that you have seen us create….together.

I have a couple of new ideas that I want to try when I get there.

Lucky you!

And then, because “mother knows best”.

I will pack her all back up and bring her back home.

She will be so surprised and excited!

Don’t you think?

pps. Thanks for all the kind words and emails about BP. Monitoring and earliest Dr. could get me in is this Friday. Won’t take it lightly…..I also want to fill you in on some things I found out about BP. No real symptoms for me but headaches……Love again! Love, Me

0 thoughts on “Loading up!

• August 1, 2011 at 1:53 pm

My heart hurts for you…I know you are going to miss her.  I cannot imagine her being 5 hours away…oh goodness! We are DEEP in the empty nest syndrome right now & my poor hubby doesn’t know what each day will bring…if it wasn’t for him I would go completely insane.  You are a strong woman & you can do this… I have faith in you:)  I will keep you in my prayers.  Enjoy these fun days getting her set up…ya’ll are making memories!

• August 1, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Oh I’m so sorry she’s leaving…..but she will only be 5 hours away! That’s not so far compared to one of mine in Dubai……20 or more hours away…….by plane!
    Have fun setting her up, I know you will enjoy that, take lots of pictures too so you can boohoo over them when you get lonely for her!
    It’s awful when they finally fly the nest isn’t it….but you will get over the worst of it in time….about 5-6 years ought to do it!
    Mine have been gone for 2o+ years and I still miss them….I only boohoo when they leave after a visit!
    I’m trying to cheer you up but it’s not working so good is it? Now I’m boohooing! Love you
    guys….VBg

• August 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Oh, bless your heart!  I understand how you feel…I’ve had 2 daughters move out…and a granddaughter get married, move to ALASKA, and have my GREAT granddaughter (who I have yet to see).  But I can tell you, they may move out, but thank God, they never ‘leave’!

• August 2, 2011 at 12:00 am

Maybe if you make Freebird call every night on Skype so you can make sure she’s okay?! At least then you can bug her about cleaning up her place and what to make for dinner and all the other stuff. It will definitely make you feel better anyway. Keep us in the loop on the old BP.

• August 2, 2011 at 1:30 am

I will be praying for safety and more fun memories for the two of you. Groooowing pains hurt 🙁 I have been out of the loop for a week, what’s this about your BP?

• August 6, 2011 at 1:03 pm

@5e1ff8252dd74739868e39e7247b4fcf  I miss you! Went to DR yesterday about BP….he gave a temp prescription while we run some tests to see what is going on. Hope you are well! Love, Me

• August 6, 2011 at 1:04 pm

NordicGirl2  Don’t you love skype? Went to dr. about BP yesterday…..running some tests and on some temp meds in case it goes sky high. Love, Me

• August 6, 2011 at 1:05 pm

@df06828353520f162dc9b885c0311a1b  Too Far!!!! I know you canNOT wait to see your great granddaughter! Thanks for the encouragement. Love, Me

• August 6, 2011 at 1:06 pm

@4f7fb178b85c26a869b581b3a241d813:disqus  I canNOT imagine my children as far as DUBAI?! That is a tough one!!!! I can’t imagine! Any plans of them ever moving back to the states? Love, Me

• August 6, 2011 at 1:07 pm

@146e5cca9ae5baec796bdf83c487bd28  Sorry you are deep in the empty nest syndrome too! I have one left at home and only two years left……don’t want to wish one of those days away!  Love, Me

• August 7, 2011 at 9:06 am

Glad to hear he put you on some meds anyway. Skype is really good. I can finally talk to everyone who moved away. I don’t own a cell phone or have long distance,so now they can’t get away from me!