Little things and Craigslist 501 Warning

Made a run to our local thrift store and picked up a few cheapy items……

I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to do with them exactly….

But I had seen old cake pans made into tiered holders and thought….maybe…..

The old wooden tumbler was just a warm piece of wood….

The straw or woven cup…..I have a later plan for it.

So……..

I stretched the Valspar leftover paint samples as far as I could with more water…..

If anyone ever tells me that i can’t do this…..

I won’t listen.

Because it works for me.

And I did this while making my thighs looks as big as humanly possible while my daughter took this photo.

Aren’t pictures of cows in right now in blog land?

Does this count?

Ok, I will stop the self – yucky talk.

For real.

I think I need a larger stool.

Ok, for real.

Done.

See this little tiled trivet….I just loved it……

I will be making the 1.99 photos behind it into chalkboards…..later…..

But look at how all of these goodies look like now.

Candlestick and old cake pans…….trivet…….

Old wooden tumbler….holds water…..and perfect for a rustic simple flower arrangement.

Each piece was 49 cents.

Not really sure about my layered pans yet…..

They don’t feel really stable.

My thoughts were little fall pumpkins soon……

Linen napkin storage for my dining room table….

Still processing that one.

Now about the Craigslist 501 and warning.

I have a great, intelligent friend that is selling some high ticketed items on Craigslist.

She has a very friendly, interested buyer that is hearing impaired and cannot communicate by phone.

The buyer wants to send a cashiers check and then come pick up items.

She emailed about it….because it didn’t feel just right.

THAT MY FRIENDS IS YOUR WARNING…….

IF IT DOESN’T FEEL RIGHT……LITTLE WEIRD……IT IS.

God gave us our sense of instinct for a reason.

I googled hearing impaired and Craigslist……

And tons of similar email scams came up.

My friend was smart enough to wonder if it was real or not.

There are other scams that say……”I am stationed in Afghanistan….will wire the money….or am selling something that i have in storage because i am overseas and need you to wire and then pick up…..

They are scams……

If you aren’t sure.

Google the story they are giving you.

Literally copy their email. Paste it into google and you will be surprised what will come up.

It is sad….but there are tons of scammers and creepy people out there.

Be careful!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Hope you enjoy my little projects!

I think my favorites are the wooden little tumbler….then my tiered pans…..and the trivet now lives at Beaches Coastal and Creations…..

PS…..she loved my stuff!

I can’t wait to tell you guys more about them.

You can order your AS straight from them.

They are awesome!

They are going to be carrying upscale shabby chic pieces……and they are in the perfect location to do this……at the beach!!!

I am so proud to be a part of their team! I mean….I’m like the bench warmer….but hey, waterboy….bench warmer….that’s still a part of the team isn’t it?

Let me know your thoughts and loving hearing from you guys.

Follow on Facebook if you haven’t yet. Getting ready to do a giveaway on Facebook and I am late on the Facebook train and would really like to build it up……share the love people and share with your friends. Got any ideas on how I can grow my Facebook?

Like my little goodies?

Can’t wait to hear!

If you are joining from Donna’s linky party, you have some catching up to do! Start with some of the most popular posts! You will see them on the right of this page, or you can just catch up by date. I can’t wait to meet you!

I’m linking to:
Wednesday:

Saturday:

0 thoughts on “Little things and Craigslist 501 Warning

• August 17, 2011 at 4:29 am

Water!!  I love it!!!! 🙂  I love to learn this type of thing cuz I’m way too rule-followish!!  lol!!!!

My favorite is the tiered pans…especially in that color!!  I think I would turn it over and put a cake on it……maybe bunting or something lacy around the edge…or bunting made from a doily…and then, I’d put some flowers around the bottom part.

• August 17, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Hi! Love the tiered thingy, that’s really cute! So versatile. Thanks for all your Craigslist info. How do you figure pricing when you redo a piece and put it back on CL for sale? Thanks!

• August 17, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Oh, my goodness, girl…there’s TONS of bloggers out there that want to be your FB friend.
    On MY FB page, on HOME, to the right is a list of people that have friends that you have..they all want to be your friend, too. So, go for it..You can’t have too many friends on FB. 🙂
    Love all the things you did here so much, I am trying to get my flipflops on, as we speak, to head to the thrift store. :)))

• August 17, 2011 at 7:25 pm

It all looks really great…I want to come spend a weekend w/you so you can teach me some of what you know…I get so excited when I see something you post but then when I go about trying to do it on my own I just wimp out & put it off:(. I walk in the thrift store & freak out because all I think I see is junk but then you see close to the same things & you make them awesome!  I drove past a big pile of stuff yesterday that was being thrown away out of an old house here in town & saw all kinds of goodies but I was afraid to stop because I wouldn’t know where to start…you would have loved it!  There were chairs & cabinets & armoire’s & tons of other stuff.   I did try my spray paint nozzle thingy this weekend & OH MY GOODNESS…it was LOVE at first spray!  Thank you so very much!!!

• August 18, 2011 at 3:26 am

Yes it is part of the team nd I’m so happy for you!! GOOD JOB GIRL!! you are awesome!! Hugs, VBg

• August 18, 2011 at 11:34 am

My favorite is the trivet….huh.  I’m the only one so far that picked that.  Wonder what that says about my taste?  Oh well.  Oh and let’s not talk thighs, shall we?  I’d trade you straight across….my dad used to sing “she’s got legs like whiskey kegs and everything”  to me.  And he LOVED ME!  So, let’s not talk thighs.  I’ll win.  (hehe)  Love you, girl.

• August 20, 2011 at 2:30 am

@146e5cca9ae5baec796bdf83c487bd28  Stacey, I just threw up in my mouth….you PASSED a good curbside dumpster dive!?! What am I going to do with you? This may take drastic action! How far do you live. We need intervention! Love, Me

• August 20, 2011 at 2:31 am

@864062ba487291d6ffa6c778d76a30e5  Huh….What???? SO, I click on your name….then start clicking on your friends? I feel so rude! I’m confused : ( and friendless. Love, Me

• August 20, 2011 at 2:32 am

@afa83496afd2cfa73c51dd0efc39a6e0:disqus  It’s holding up! I put some stuff in it to see how it would do….so far…so good! I really try to look at what I would pay…then I ask for more. I’m cheap…but less than what I would see it for in a consignment store….not a thrift store. Did that help or just confuse? I may need to do a post on that alone. Good questions! Love, Me

• August 20, 2011 at 2:33 am

Laura Gonzalez  I am too lazy to read the rules : ) Like your cake idea! What is bunting ? : ) Like the flowers ….do you have lace around your toilet paper holder? : 0 Love, Me