She’s back!

The wedding was beautiful.

Pin It

My host and hostess were so gracious. I love them so much…….

This was a “civil” ceremony.

No one acted surprised that the wedding party was sitting down for the ceremony.

So, I didn’t act surprised either.

I literally could eat  these two boys with a spoon.

Nicolas…..he loved for me to scratch his back and his little face would go “blank” when I would “tickle” his back…..he would just veg out.

He knew English as a toddler…..they lived here. When they moved back to Colombia, he was shunned by the other children because he did not speak Spanish. He blocked out the English and his school psychologist said it would come back.

It did….while I was there. He would say something to me in Spanish and his “mommy” would tell him that I couldn’t understand him and he would need to say it in English…..

He would shyly say it in broken English.

I fell in love. I asked for them to please let me take him home.

They wouldn’t let me.

They are greedy like that.

Jorge’…..be still my heart. The baby….I could eat him up!

He is ROT-TEN….and I loved every minute of it.

He doesn’t understand English and took advantage of every, single second of it.

Like when I was telling him to stop jumping on my bed, as it had everyone’s wedding clothes on it, and he would look at me and laugh and giggle and repeat everything back to me in English…..while still jumping on my bed.

He was bribed with “Fiber bars” that I brought in my luggage. They had choc-o-late’. His favorite.

He would sit in my lap…..love on me…..

They wouldn’t let me take him home either.

Meanies.

Ok, they are not meanies.

I love them all.

Here are a few more pic’s of the wedding that I took for them……

I was so blessed to be able to visit them.  I wasn’t going to show this pic because I am so insecure about my leg…..but….I need to get over that. Aren’t they a gorgeous couple? As beautiful on the inside as the outside.

Their country is so beautiful and fighting to be a safe place for tourists to visit. The history is so rich and we explored it until my feet about fell off.

Literally. Ali….the groom, drug me everywhere. His bride was working when he took me through their downtown Bogota and when she was off work…..we all went exploring. It was so fun for us all to be together again.

I won’t bore you with the history of Bogota…unless you want me to.

Anyone?

Hello?

Dang it. I love “history”…….

And it was everywhere.

I would love to go back one day, if I can get my dad to take off the shackles he put on my leg after I returned. They are attached to my house……….

He won’t take them off.

Too many History Channel shows on Bogota and Colombia.

He is glad I am home safe.

Worry-wart.

I will leave you with one of my favorite pictures……

I call it….”trouble waiting to happen”……..

Do you love it or what? Jorge’ is oblivious of the impending attack.

They were on the front row.

When that wrestling match was thwarted by the adults, Nicolas wore his suit coat on his head. They were cracking me up. I want them for keepers.

Happy to be back and missed you all!

Have some projects coming up that I can’t wait to share!

I am glad I made myself do something I normally wouldn’t do.

I definitely was “out” of my comfort zone.

I swallowed my home-sickness and embraced the experience.

It was a lesson to me about missing out on things because I am afraid to experience them. For whatever reason….maybe I am afraid I am not qualified, afraid I will be homesick, afraid I won’t fit in…….I could go on.

Is there something….maybe not as big as a trip out of the country…..that you are not doing because of fear?

Would you try this?

What are you wanting to experience?

What are you waiting for?

Don’t miss out!

I love hearing from you! I missed you all!

Talk to me,

0 thoughts on “She’s back!

• October 19, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Welcome back friend!! Oh my, what an incredible adventure you went on! So glad you were able to let go of the fears and worries and just enjoy the experience. What an absolutely gorgeous family and you look so beautiful in that picture! Those boys have mischief written all over them and I should know since I have one just like that myself. 🙂 Thanks for setting an example of trying new things and getting out of our comfort zone so we don’t miss once in a lifetime opportunities!
    Blessings, Vanessa

• October 19, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I am so happy that you decided to take that chance & go on that trip! I know it meant so very much to them all that you did…so many precious memories you made!  It looks like it was so worth it! So happy you made it home safe and sound…I missed you!

• October 19, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I did! Ok, I am doing something wrong in subscribing to your new link and posts. I am not getting them! Any clue? I love having them in my inbox! i’m a dork! Help! Love, Me

• October 19, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Good to be back! Love seeing the growth of your blog! So well deserved. I also love the 747 ways to use corn husks series! ; ) I truly love having your new post hit my inbox! I do not subscribe to many but I do not want to miss yours! A delight! Love, me

• October 19, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Your pictures are awesome!  Visiting Columbia has been on my “bucket list” for some time now.  My brother-in-law works there and always talks about how beautiful it is.  You’re very lucky that you got to go…and to a lovely wedding. Congrats to your friends!

• October 19, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Fabulous pictures!!  You do that for a living, right?  If not, you should!!

I hate to fly, but the thought of being “there” makes me get out of the car at the airport every time!!  You should hear the dire thoughts in my head while waiting to take off…I’ve got the perfect tragic stories as I look at all the people on the plane…heck, I’ve practically written the screenplay of our ill-fated flight before take-off!! lol!!!

But I’ve never traveled alone like you!!  You are one brave woman!!!   You will always have the memories of your friends beautiful wedding and the fact that you did something so courageous!!

• October 19, 2011 at 6:54 pm

That trip would definitely be out of my comfort zone..I probably wouldn’t have been able to do it (on my own)…The photos of the wedding are spectacular.  the little boys are so cute.  Sounds like you are glad to be home and glad you went and had a great experience .

– KAT –

• October 19, 2011 at 7:03 pm

There is a box right under my picture for you to subscribe, you have to make sure that you verify the email that comes afterwards or it won’t work 🙂
    Check out the new blog here @ http://theredneckprincess.net

Subject: [youaretalkingtoomuch] Re: You’re talking too much……: She’s back!

• October 19, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Done! I sware I can handle that and thought i had done that. We shall see! By the way….love the Easy Bake Oven post! I remember the “Holly Hobbie” easy bake oven that i had. Many a flat, flavorless cookie and cake were made! Love, Me

• October 19, 2011 at 8:42 pm

What a fantastic adventure!  Tell us more!

• October 20, 2011 at 1:04 am

Love you! and miss you! thank you for take the risk and enjoy this wonderful time with us!

• October 21, 2011 at 12:41 am

Great job with the pictures they are beautiful. I am so happy for Liliana she looked gorgeous. Those boys are so cute. I can understand why you wanted to them home.
    Glad you made there and back safe. I was worried about you.
    Love you,

• October 21, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I’m so proud of you Rebecca, you are so brave! Beautiful photos and those boys are adorable! Thanks for sharing your adventure!! Hugs, VBg