This SUCKS!

For real.

Ok, I never cuss.

And if my kids said “S-*-C-K-S”, I would wash their mouths out with soap.

But I really wanted to get your attention.

And you have to admit…..it did.

I have no affiliation with Eureka or anyone that is asking me to tell you about this.

This is not an ad.

I am not advertising.

We were literally just having an allergy attack in our bedroom.

And I am a dust freak. To the naked eye, our room looked dust free. I would vacuum and our bags were getting full. Our carpet is Berber and it appeared super clean. It has been steam cleaned thoroughly in the last year.

We have no pets and have never had any indoor pets, but a turtle. A clean turtle, at that.

But at nights, we would get sneezes, a runny nose and wake up stuffed up.

I couldn’t figure out what the deal was.

I wondered if by chance we had a dust issue in our bedroom.

Our bedrooms are the only rooms that are not hardwood.

I was googling around and kept hearing about this hand held vac.

I needed a good hand held and I purchased it on sale at Amazon.com.

When it came in…..I just wondered if maybe it would pick up anything our KIRBY wasn’t.

You heard me right…..OUR KIRBY.

That is a DANG good vacuum.

I ran our Kirby first.

I wanted a “clean” testing area.

I am like a dust scientist.

This is what the filter of the Eureka looked like when I started. I forgot to take a picture right away but this is right after I started the first swipe.

This was after I finished our room.

~gulp~

I was freaking out as I did little sections.

I know we look disgusting.

And trust me, I was disgusted.

But I promise, I am super clean.

AND we have a really good vacuum and its bag was getting filled up, BEFORE I used this.

IT WAS A KIRBY PEOPLE!

AND this stuff was in our carpet!

I have been doing our rugs, throughout the house and they were hideous too!

I don’t know what the deal is but this is as good as the reviews that I read.

If you need a good hand held, I would go for it.

Apparently it is good with pet hair too???

As far as our allergies…..so far so good but it is hard for me to believe that this “dust” was really the deal.

But I think it was????!!!

And don’t even get me started about how gross the stuff was when I was cleaning the filter.

Like dust? Like lint? Like hair? Like SKIN????  I’m humiliated!!!

I swear…we are NOT running around with flaky skin hanging off our bodies!

Is that not unreal?

Here is the link for the one I purchased. It was $37.99 from $59.99.

You may be able to find a better deal.

This is not an ad. They do not even know me……

I just thought you might want to know.

I don’t even have anything free to give away.

Except like HUGE lint / skin / hair balls.

Any takers????

Did I just disgust you guys?

Are you all un-subscribing?

Anyone there?

Did my potty mouth offend you?

I’m sorry for that.

I’m not going to start smoking ciggy’s and drinking beer in the morning now.

I will keep it clean.

For real.

And I won’t say it again.

Amen.

The dust doctor

0 thoughts on “This SUCKS!

• January 20, 2012 at 4:24 am

I am going to make my husband read this! We are having vacuum issues and you are right it is icky! That thing is awesome! So glad you all are feeling better! HUGS

• January 20, 2012 at 4:45 am

Dang! I am still here can’t believe the other vacuum missed that much

• January 20, 2012 at 5:04 am

I feel your pain. I bought a new vacuum a month ago and was HORRIFIED to see what my old vacuum WASN’T picking up. Ick!

• January 20, 2012 at 5:19 am

You are so funny. Your posts always make me chuckle. I would hate to see what that thing could do on the two small rugs we have in our house…with our fur herd it would probably blow the poor thing up. I have actually been looking for a new vac because the Dyson I just *had* to have to vacuum the whopping 20 SF of carpet is, well, “craptastic” to say the least. Did I just swear on your blog?!?!

• January 20, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I love how I’m hardly on here and then I appear to a post like this and laugh my head off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I guess the funny never fades! Love it!

Stay clean!

xo
    ~Kolein

• January 21, 2012 at 12:34 am

We had a Dyson, you know, the cyclone that gets cleaner than clean? Then Kirby people came by wanting to clean my wood floor; the wood floor with basically no finish because my allergic asthma is so bad no one would do it. Literally. We asked a few contractors. But the salesman didn’t do the wood, just as we told the first person, no finish. He did do a tile in the kitchen with a floor scrubber. He vaccuumed a rolled up rug, furniture, our bed–this guy was fast. And he did the Dyson first Kirby second and showed us a mess like your second after shot!! We bought the Kirby cuz hubs was so concerned for my health. Think I’ll keep him. Not sure ’bout the Kirby. Still luv ya but hating dust, give me a good warning if you happen to be in CT and think of stopping by. 🙂 Or you’ll unsubscribe me from your blog. Forced air heat is a bear.
    Janet

• January 21, 2012 at 4:13 am

We have a Dyson and I like it because it’s easy for me to handle and easy to empty, it also collects a LOT of stuff. We also have a Rainbow and I like it as well, it’s a bit of a pain to use cause you have to fill it and then clean it after you use it, it’s 15-16 years old but boy does it still pick stuff up!! So, the Dyson is at the beach and the Rainbow here…….I need a hand vac here for when we need a quick pick up because the one I have is “craptastic” as is the Dirt devil upright (what a waste of money) hubs bought for that purpose, sooo………. I think Eureka should pay you for this post because I’m off to Amazon to buy a Eureka!!!! Thank you so much, this was info I really needed! You are still my favorite blogger and still make me laugh out loud!! Love you bunches!! One of your biggest fans….hugs, VBg

• January 21, 2012 at 10:05 am

Hey, I’m looking for a good hand held vacuum. Thanks for the ad, I mean tip. I have two Kirby’s. I have to say I “had” to have one. STILL not sure I’m crazy about them. They are so dang heavy ~ one is in the basement and one on the main floor. (Second was purchased through the paper.) Just installing new hardwood floors so I will have to check out their performance on hardwood. Off to buy my Eureka……

• February 2, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Connie, take a picture of your filter. I would love to share it! I need to make sure the world knows I am NOT the only one with filthy hidden dust and stuff! Love, me