NO SEW Belly Bands and Boot Socks

Oh.
Dear.
Me.

It is tough enough to see yourself in pictures, let alone a video.

I wanted to post a short, quick tutorial on my version of a NO SEW Belly Bands and NO SEW Boot socks and felt this would be the most uncomplicated way to share it.

Of course, until I tried to edit the video. Then it became complicated. Let alone saving it being even more complicated.

Ok, enough whining.

Ever heard of Belly bands?
Ever heard of boot socks?

Let me explain belly bands.

Feel like your t-shirt shows too much of your “low rise” back side?
Want to cover your hiney and muffin top?
Do you or someone you know need to extend out a maternity wardrobe?
Like a layered look without the bulk?
Belly Bands to the rescue.

I had been wanting to buy some for my step daughter who is expecting her first baby but our budget is a little tight.

So, I thought I would tackle a no sew version. Goodwill style!

Then, I thought I might as well get two projects from one shirt.

See what you think about my NO SEW version “belly bands and  NO SEW boot socks”.

Ignore the obvious nervousness and ramble and bad placement and otherwise dorky stuff going on.

I hope you can just enjoy the tutorial.

It will haunt me.

If you do enjoy it, I would love for you to “pin” it or “share” it somehow.

Let me know your thoughts.

Be merciful my friends!

Pin It

PS.
I’m linking up to:

0 thoughts on “NO SEW Belly Bands and Boot Socks

• January 30, 2012 at 9:27 pm

really, really cute! And a great recycling project! You did a great job! Wish I’d of had this video when my daughter was still pregnant.

• January 31, 2012 at 3:59 am

Thank you! I am actually going to make a couple for myself and I am NOT pregnant. I just think they may help me in feeling like my tummy is hanging over my jeans or my low rise backside hanging out. ; 0 Love, Me

• January 30, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Good job! I only wish we had seen your smiling face! Love the idea for the “belly band”! I think we can all use this at one time or another. I have made boot socks from sweater sleeves for my girls and me this year. I like the belly band just as much though! Many tops I don’t like to wear without something covering up the top of the jeans- especially jeggings! I think you did fabulous on your video! I wouldn’t know where to start to edit one! I have a hard enough time trying to get the photos on a blog posts where I want them!
    Yay! You did great!
    Cheri <3

• January 31, 2012 at 4:01 am

You are too sweet! Didn’t want to show my face because I cut my own hair this morning and accidentally grabbed what I THOUGHT were my thinning shears. They weren’t….BIG mistake. I have a huge chunk out of the side of my head. I didn’t want to show it. Have to try to get it salvaged. ; ) I am going to make myself some of the belly band tops to cover my muffin top. : ) Your turn to do a video! Love, Me

• January 30, 2012 at 10:07 pm

You are so adorable. Good job on the video! 🙂 I think i will be going to the thrift store to find a shirt for some boot socks!

• January 31, 2012 at 12:16 am

I did a blog on the boot socks from sweaters- if you are interested- no video though- I am not that fancy- yet! haha!
      You can find it on The Curtain Lady on blog spot.
      Cheri

• January 30, 2012 at 11:44 pm

My friends and I think that you are so cool 😉 Love you!

• January 31, 2012 at 4:04 am

I think YOU are cool. Please clarify that you are NOT the pregnant daughter. I didn’t think about making that clear…… ; ) Love, Me

• January 31, 2012 at 12:06 am

Great job Rebecca! AND we got to hear your voice. Love it! You did a great job for your first time. I agree with Freebird ~ you are so cool! I may have to try it for me and I’m not pregnant!

• January 31, 2012 at 4:05 am

Going to try for myself too! You are so funny. Your video came up when I was trying to load this one. Cracked me up! Love, Me

• January 31, 2012 at 3:20 am

Love your video…love hearing your sweet voice;) what a great idea…I am not PG & haven’t been for a while but my baby belly isn’t ever going to leave & I love the idea of having something on like that on. The boot socks are too cute…I will be trying both ideas. I pinned & shared on Facebook. You are TOO cool for school!

• January 31, 2012 at 3:21 am

Oh! And congrats on the grand baby!! How exciting!

• January 31, 2012 at 6:52 pm

You might be the cutest darn thing in blogland 😉 Where were you 7 months ago?? JK. My youngest has been enjoying life in this great, big world for 7 months but I can not seem to shake these last 10 pounds, mostly in my butt and belly. This trick is just what I need for the major crack that seems to show every time I bend over no matter what pants I wear. No one wants to see that hot mess LOL. I also have small calves and can not find boots that fit me around my legs, there is always a weird gap. I think I may try the leg warmer trick with a thick sweater. I may finally be able to wear boots like every other girl!!! Love your blog, keep up the awesome posts.
    Jamie R

• February 1, 2012 at 2:39 am

LOVE this Rebecca!! So fun to hear your voice and you totally seem like how I imagined in my head! Not that I was imagining you in my head all the time because that would be weird but you know what I mean. LOL!
    Vanessa

• February 6, 2012 at 2:09 pm

So fun! Love the video idea! So cute! Great job! I needed the belly band last year!
    Melody
    ChattyChics.com

• February 11, 2012 at 5:29 am

I too wish you’d done this when our daughter was PG last year! Love the boots socks too! Too hot here for boots mostly but I’ll pass this on to the three of our girls in colder climates!! They really looked great on you and made your legs look longer and calves look way thin (not that they aren’t)!! Love the video, so nice to hear your voice to confirm you sound sweet as I knew you would!
    Hugs, VBg

PS you did say daughter in law so I never thought it was Freebird……Congratulations and Best Wishes to all concerned…….hope to see a picture or twenty!!