Moving things around a bit

I found a little table….

And I put it in my living room to decide what exactly I was going to do with it.

What color would I paint it?

How exactly would it be used?

And then……

I figured it out.

In order to use my little thrift store table a few things had to happen.

Excuse the picture. Had to dig through some old ones. Remember how my hutch was on this wall?
Yep….that would NEVER work with my little thrift store table.

And I had to explain this to Romeo….and he acted as if he didn’t understand why, when bringing in my tiny table, we were having to move all of the furniture. He acted afraid…very afraid.

Why, I ask? How could he not understand? That in order for this little table to fit in our living room, changes had to happen.

An hour later and a few sore muscles, some endearing comments back and forth and it started making sense.

The hutch is now against the TV/Fireplace wall. I always hated the way it felt crammed behind the chairs on the other wall. That made much more sense for my little thrift store table.

So open now and so much for floor space!

I am sooooo ready for a great deal on two side/arm chairs! These babies need to find a new home……
My little thrift store table made that perfectly clear.

Remember it before? To get in behind the chairs you had to walk sideways….it would look cluttered and dark over there in the corner. It was a scary, scary place.

And the room felt crammed………there was no place for my little thrift store table.

Before…..

And now……..
After… I even turned the rug in the opposite direction. see how much more floor space?
Welcome home, little thrift store table!

Now we can dance the night away on our living room floor! We are so into romantically dancing the night away…..

Ok. Truth. We are hooked on Netflix TV old series and our butts are planted and watch approximately 1000 episodes a night. May I tell you the the TV Series “Jericho” sucked us in like my new Eureka with a dust ball.

But….all of that to say…..I love my new little thrift store table.

And I think I have now figured out what color I am going to paint it.

See?

Doesn’t that make sense to you?

Anyone?

0 thoughts on “Moving things around a bit

• February 21, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Thank you Sarah for the linky like. I have tried to make sure I like everyone back! I will double check yours. Tell your hubby you both are welcome over anytime for a game and cocktails! Love, Me

• February 7, 2012 at 4:26 pm

It looks fabulous! How long ago did I tell you that you should move that gorgeous cabinet? I like it even better now! You are so talented! I have to say though to make it look even better, you need to move it through the woods to my dining room 😉

• February 7, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Rearranging furniture…one of my favorite things to do. My husband hates it too. He just doesn’t get it! I bought some of those furniture moving discs so I can do it more often without him, ha. I love, love, love that little table (major jealousy here). I can’t wait to see how you paint it. You find the best stuff, lucky ducky 🙂

• February 7, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Oh how funny! We’ve all been there! Hubbies never see the benefits of moving and rearranging to make a room come together!

• February 7, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I love it! This looks great all opened up. I advise painting it white to go with the coffee table. Hugs~Lori

• February 7, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Looks fantastic Rebecca! I definitely can tell that it is more open and now I’m just curious about what color you are going to paint the room??? 🙂
    Vanessa

• February 7, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I think I need to move furniture around too , but haven’t started as I know I will face opposition! Hubs doesn’t like change , especially when it involves his TV ! Thanks for inspiring me .

• February 8, 2012 at 9:33 am

First time here, I think you have a wonderful site! The room looks soo cosy! Am following you now on Connect and a couple of other places! Back soon! Lin xx

• February 11, 2012 at 3:34 am

Hi Rebecca! Good move on the rug and hutch, love the table……(I already know it’s red) and it looks great! Have been real behind on reading emails, been glued to the IPad watching old stuff on Netflix!! I wanted to tell you I got my little Eureka and love it……thanks so much for the tip!! Have a great day.
    Hugs to you and yours, VBg

• February 21, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Jericho was the best! Did you finish the series yet? I’m currently working my way through all of your posts, and starting to refinish a few pieces I got at an estate sale for practically free! Thank you for the great inspiration!

• February 21, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Christina, we did finish the series. I am soooo glad you gave it a try. Watch BBC survivors next. Get through the first two and then you will be hooked, same feel as Jericho. I am ashamed to tell you we go hooked on “The Walking Dead” after that. I had to get over the stupid zombie acting and gross factor but the characters feel the same as Jericho. I heard Jeremiah is good as well but not available on instant streaming. I do believe we may watch too much evening television. ; ) Love, Me