Out with the old!

My front room throughout the history of my home, has been an office, a guest room, a study and a den.

It became the official X-box room for awhile.

Imagine their surprise when they opened up the entertainment center and saw this the other day.

They were so happy.

Not.

My son HATES change. So, this went over real well.

But it is time for a change again.

It needs to be a guest room.

It is a TINY room, so it will be simple and sweet.

And dang if I didn’t paint yellow in here too. I need to get the gumption to re-paint people.

Don’t you all want to come stay and visit and paint my house with me?

Hello??

Anyone there?

I’d give you a nice place to stay and feed you…..

~crickets~

Ok, I get it. I’m on my own.

Anywho…..these babies are now on Craigslist. Excuse the mess, it has been a dumping ground as I re-decorate.

What would you list them for if you were selling them? Just curious……

Only one “little” ding that I could see.

In like new condition and extremely well made.

Out with the old, in with the new/used/yard saled/thrift stored guest room items.
(that I haven’t found yet)

Ok…give me your thoughts on what you would list these for. I want to see how close we are!

0 thoughts on “Out with the old!

• February 10, 2012 at 1:12 pm

is it 5 individual bookshelves, plus an armoire? are they listed seperately? hmmmm….they are really cool. Don’t you think you could keep some and paint them with a cool color or finish, and make it work in your new room. Not sure what your wanting the new guest room to evoke…..but those are rather nice pieces of furniture…wish i lived close….i’d want them. LOL. I have seen armoires like that with a closet rod installed for guests clothes….and then a small fridge or area for towels, toiletries, etc to be stored….Good luck with your transformation. Can’t wait to see the process, and end result.

• February 10, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I LOVE them & if I lived near you they would be finding a new home in my house! I love them just as they are…not sure what I would list them for…you know from the game you played a while back that I am terrible at pricing furniture. Good luck & I can’t wait to see what you do with the room…

• February 10, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I’m with everyone else. I would keep them. Maybe use the shelves as a headboard and store things in the bottom shelves you don’t use often. The armoire would be great for storing the quest’s clothes, etc. You could also put little soaps and towels and stuff on the shelves just for them. They are really nice I couldn’t part with them. Maybe that’s why I have too much furniture. LOL

• February 11, 2012 at 4:51 am

I wouldn’t have a clue about prices over there.
    I am going to have to sell most of my stuff before the end of April…am really dreading that aspect of the move.

• February 11, 2012 at 5:10 am

I guess you don’t have room for them and a bed? Too bad the armoire isn’t wide enough for a Murphy bed, that’s what I’d like in our “spare” office room. We have a guest room with a queen bed but with families (2 of our 4 girls have children now) visiting instead of single or married daughters, we could use more sleeping space. I agree with the previous comments though, these would find a room in my home, they are very nice!! I know what it’s like to want something gone though!! I have a BIG entertainment center I’d love to get rid of!! Of course that’s why we all have too much stuff!! Good luck, I know you are better at the pricing, I don’t shop any more so I’m not up to date on what they would bring, sorry…… but I too wish I lived closer, I’d love to take them off your hands!! Take care, VBg

• February 11, 2012 at 8:21 am

Where? I love them!

• February 20, 2012 at 12:19 am

Nobody so far has given a price, have they? While I agree I would keep and repupose them, you have made your decision, so…
    Here in Indianapolis on craigslist, I have seen large (and not as nice as this) armoires listed in the $125-$225 range, and book shelves like that (again, not as nice – LOVE the mouldings on those) for around $75 per piece..BUT, those were usually just single pieces too… you have the beauty of having MATCHING pieces, so I know you could get more? the bookshelves will sell better if advertised with the MATCHING armoire…our craiglist always has those large bookshelves for sale, and they don’t always go so quickly.
    BUT, for the 3rd time – yours are MUCH nicer than what I usually see on craigslist… like everyone else – wish I lived near you!!! and I would definitely at least KEEP the armoire for the guest room or somewhere – you are probably going to wish you had it back someday…. and you are SUCH a fabulous furniture painter – it would look awesome with paint! Green? Navy? ;o)
    Just found your blog today and I love it!!! added you to my Google reader…can you tell I am a subscriber, when I do that? just curious…
    THANKS for the great content!!!!
    Julie

• February 20, 2012 at 3:11 am

You are so sweet to catch on that no one commented on the price! ; ) My thoughts are that if I do not get $500.00 then I will re-paint and sell. It really is too big for my room and I can always find a good deal later if I need one…..PLUS….I originally bought it used in the first place! ; ) Thank you for stopping by. I am not sure how to even see my readers? Isn’t that awful! I need to learn! Love, Me

• March 11, 2012 at 5:07 am

Okay, so I’m am so behind in my blog reading. But, I like them. Maybe if you don’t get rid of them they can find homes in other rooms in your house. I love change! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse