Little rolling table

I picked up a little rolling table at a favorite thrift store the other day.

Because it was so outdated and rather “bu-gly”, it was super cheap.

The base was plastic and on rollers.

The top appeared to have a “home-made” wooden plank top that had been added later.

It was the wooden top that caught my attention.

What sells sometimes surprises me. I have learned to go for these cheaper items, because if they do sell, then they are always a good profit.

I slapped on a quick coat of CeCe’s simply white.

And here is a quick point about chalk/clay paint vs. latex.

I love the durability of latex. I do…..but when I did this table, I was working on my neighbors dresser drawers that were already painted. They were multi-colored but the dresser was white. She wanted white drawers. So, I had to prime and paint each drawer twice. Then wait for the drawers to dry really well to be able to distress. A “chunk” would come off occasionally and I would have to repaint and let dry again. I worked on those drawers for two days.

SIX DRAWERS…….TWO DAYS!

In the meantime, I finished about SIX CeCe’s paint pieces! Two of them were large dressers!

That is why it “pays” sometimes to use a chalk/clay paint. The ability to get many more pieces completed in a shorter amount of time is well worth the extra dollar.

‘Nough said……..you get the point.

It adhered perfectly to the plastic base, without priming. Look how pretty the details show up when the piece is distressed.

The plastic looks just like the “real wood” top now

Speaking of the top…..Mmmmmm Mmmmmm good!

I took the “Pittsburgh Gray” and lightly brushed it over the white on the top and at different sections to enhance the piece.

That’s right people…you read it right….enhance.

I’m fancy like that.

I’m an enhancer-ologist.

I may do an E-book on “enhancer-ology”.

Are you so excited?

So, what do you think of the difference?

Like the difference?

Think I should have taken the rollers off?

I was hoping it would add to the “uniqueness” of the piece.

I do not know if it has sold or not.

What do you think?

In the meantime….

Want to buy an e-boook on how to be an enhancer-ologist?

I cannot wait to hear from you!

0 thoughts on “Little rolling table

• March 20, 2012 at 12:41 pm

LOL. Cute transformation. I also buy some cheapy pieces for the profit…..but i am considering purchasing some of chalk paint….i usually use primer/latex…but it is SO time consuming, when i see all the ‘chalk divas’ flying through these projects while i am sanding/priming/painting….LOL.

• March 20, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Turned out great! I can’t wait to start all my summer paint projects!

• March 20, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Love it! It turned out wonderful. I just bought a “cheapy” nightstand that has some plastic pieces on it. I was wondering how the chalk paint would adhere to it. Sounds like I’m good to go. 🙂
    Michelle

• March 20, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Love the rollers! I am going to break down and get some chalk paint, though it will seriously go against my cheapskatedness. Can you change the color with acrylic craft paints? Just wondering if anyone has tried that.

• March 20, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I wud buy your e-book. I would. 🙂 and I’m glad u left the rollies. I like rolley-stuff. Then again, I like heavy pieces and have a “bwoke “spine & funky nerve damage. Give me hidey rollies & I am a happy girl. 🙂 ya did good! As usual. 🙂 and re chalk /clay whatever paint I want it *now *. Like am gonna get a compressor to do my antique door projects — so I can rock without rolling. Ha ha I tried to make a funny. :-/ Luvya Reb! –s

• March 20, 2012 at 6:49 pm

PS–Iam gonna make my own chalk paint cuz the recipes I’ve seen worked so great for their “cooks”. And am sure have seen ppl use all kinds of craft paint for tinting. Whoever asked, try a websearch? Am cheap here. Will do good wax and found wood site with bunches wax shades want try. Cheep! In OH 🙂 –s

• March 20, 2012 at 6:50 pm

You really are an enhance-ologist! Seriously, you taught me to look at the detail of things to see what can be…well,.,…yeah, enhanced! Go ahead and write that book….I’ll buy! Oh, and I bought my first can of chalk paint today! ACK! I’m so excited!