A boy and his dog

At the end of a long day EVERYone loves a good bath and back rub.

My son’s dog LOVES this time of the day.

But what he loves even more than playing in the water is getting a bath.

Seriously. I mean it.

HE LOVES a bath.

He can’t even open his eyes in the above shot. He vegges out.

He is a dog that the groomer loves to bathe.

A contented pooch.

He looks pitiful here……..

This is actually his, “please don’t stop” face……

For real.

He loves my boy……

I relax just watching him enjoy his bath.

He couldn’t put his leg back down here. He was in heaven…….

He will slowly come out of his trance during the rinse cycle.

What a sweet journey this has been having a four legged member added to our family. Do you remember when we got him?
Seems like just yesterday that they were here……

Then here…….

Then here last year……

To now……….

My laid back boy has definitely raised a laid back pup.

He can’t imagine life without him.

Oh how I do not want him to experience that day.

This puppy has brought sweet memories into my boys life…….

Do you have a pet that is part of your life or your children’s lives?

Troy became a part of ours and I was SO not a dog person.

But I was a mom.

AND

I knew he would meet a need in my sons life.

And he did…….
But I didn’t expect for him to meet needs in our lives.

But he did…….
Do you have a special pet?
Are you a pet person?

I would love to know.

0 thoughts on “A boy and his dog

• April 4, 2012 at 2:29 am

I can totally relate. We have 2 dogs now. When my daughter was small we had a little dog we got from the pound. I loved looking out on the porch and there they would sit while she talked away and that dog would sit there as long as she wanted to chat. It was precious.

• April 4, 2012 at 3:34 am

We got our sweet Tigger cat when our nest became an “empty” nest. My sweet hubby doesn’t have any children but Tigger is his baby girl. She tolerates me (even though I chose her as an orphan kitty & bottle fed her to be my lap baby) & ADORES him. He cannot leave the room without her leaping up to follow him-even if it is a rare chance that she has decided the allow me the privilege of her sitting in my lap. Our kitty has brought so much joy & laughter to our lives. Even though she loves him more I dont care because seeing him with her has allowed me to see what a wonderful father he could be. I think pets are little gifts from God. They give us unconditional love & I am grateful He gave is Tigger!

• April 4, 2012 at 8:05 am

We have Angel, our bullmastiff/labrador mix. She is a huge baby. We got her when I was pregnant with my second child. I wasnt so keen on having a large dog but my husband insisted that if we got a dog it had to be a “man” dog. LOL. My husband deployed after we had had her two weeks. I potty trained her, crate trained her, worked on manners with her and found that she was a huge comfort to me while he was gone. She snores like My husband and I would let her sleep in bed with me while he was gone. Her hips cant handle her getting up on the bed any more but I love to cuddle her on the floor. I love her so much. We paid a crazy amount of money to move her here to the UK with us and we will pay again when we move back to the US. As much as I didnt want a large dog I must say she has been the best dog for our family.

• April 4, 2012 at 1:04 pm

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Love this post & thank you for sharing it!

xox

• April 4, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Oh those pictures are priceless, what a lovely dog he is! So sweet!!! You can totally see the contentment in his face. Love!!

We are total pet people. We have a 13 year old bichon girl who’s still energetic and quite the princess, and a fat black cat who is the most laid back cat I’ve ever met. A total lap cat! They both greet us at the door and it’s so lovely.

• April 4, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Reb, I love it, there is nothing better than a boy and his dog!
    Our english mastiff was the best dog she loved a bath to.
    We have an old farmhouse screen door that goes out to the garage, she would get her towel and bring it upstairs and take it out back and wait. She didn’t like a cold shower so we hooked up the hose to the sink in the garage and she had a warm shower. We had lost both our old dogs about six months before. She was a gift from my mom and husband, my mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and said she could not leave me without knowing that I had a dog to comfort me, and that was an understatement. We only had her for 4 years before we had to make the most heart wrenching decision to put her down because of her health. She was my comfort, truly my protector, and the love of my life. She brings me joy to this day.
    Becky

• April 5, 2012 at 5:39 pm

we have a cocker spaniel who has enriched our family so much- I can’t imagine life without her. She hates going to the groomer but loves swimming in the sea, fighting with the sprinkler and loves the kiddie pool.

• April 5, 2012 at 6:13 pm

OH, how sweet.
    Although a military family we have always had other than human family members. Right now we have 2 dogs that live in our home. My son brings his dog by almost every day to visit. Unfortunately, his girlfriends dog wasn’t to keen on our new grand baby so he is back with her parents. Plus we have a cat, 2 guinea pigs and a red tail boa. Yes, I love the snack as much as the others. I know strange but I do.

Hope you and yours have a Happy Easter.

• April 5, 2012 at 10:26 pm

This is a lovely post! I have had dogs since I first married and wouldn’t be without one now. One of my best dogs was Daisy, a yellow lab. She was so sweet! I still miss her.
    Now we adopt dogs from the pound. We found one pointer/pit bull mix on the street, starving. So I brought it home.
    We have 3 dogs that live inside with us. They are a mess but it is worth it.

♥charlotte