Costco Pillows!

I’m still in the process of “freshening up” the pool area.

Yesterday I found a great deal at Costco.

You know I love Costco………

They have great “outdoor” cushions and throw pillows. They are $15.00 for a set of two. They are made from the Sunbrella fabric which is extremely durable.

Durable=win
$15.00=super win

Isn’t the blue pretty?

The patterned set matches my coasters that I have had out here for years. I found them at a yard sale about five years ago.

See how the patterns match?

Pretty cool isn’t it?

Then look at the blue circle in the pot on that table.

It is crazy people! Crazy!

How could I not buy a couple pairs?

Pretty pop of color! Don’t you think?

I think that now I am going to paint my “fireplace art” black……

What do you think? Black with distressed accents so that the art stands out?

Can you see what is floating in the pool? My old pillows. I threw them in to give them a little “bleaching”. Sometimes hotels will put the chairs in the pool to treat them for mildew. They also will sometimes put them in the pool if a hurricane is coming. Treats them for mildew and keeps them from blowing around.

That is your beach trivia for the day.

You’re welcome.

Look what is floating on my old cushion.

It is still out there in the dark for all I know.

I was too chicken to get it off and my husband wasn’t around.

That is pitiful isn’t it?

It is going to haunt me tonight when I am trying to sleep.

I should have killed it…….(don’t hate on me animal lovers)

Spider bites are dangerous and I should have killed it…..but it was HUGE! One time I went to kill a HUGE hairy spider that was on one of the pool toys. When I did…..it wasn’t hair. It was a ZILLION spider babies. They went everywhere. They were coming towards me like a tidal wave!!! I freaked. I screamed. I had a mini panic attack.

I’m starting to itch thinking about.

Why did I leave that spider out there?!!!

In the abyss…..just waiting.

Ugh!

First thing in the morning I am heading out there.

Or better yet….I will go out there…..then act like I am just seeing the spider and then yell for my husband.

Who actually isn’t asleep yet.

Hmmmmm…….

Maybe I won’t wait until the morning.

In the meantime.

Back to our original post.

Pick up your pillows!

They had a great color selection.

Let me know what you think about a pop of “black” over the fireplace…..

How many of you were around when I painted this furniture black? If you don’t remember the before…I think you will want to check it out. That spray paint transformation has held up to the direct southern sun unbelievably. Such a pretty difference!

Who remembers how much I paid for my outdoor fireplace? I may let you find that old post on your own……

You’re welcome.

Can’t wait to hear from you.

I have to go……

I need to work on getting my hubby to get up out of bed and go protect his wife.

ps.
I’m linking up to:

0 thoughts on “Costco Pillows!

• April 18, 2012 at 4:02 pm

We went out this morning and it was still there! With a twin! My husband killed the first one…thought he had my monster. Then he was picking up the second pillow and I saw it’s twin! I’m infested. I think I shall have to move. : ) Love, Me

• April 18, 2012 at 3:28 am

To funny! I kill spiders all the time! I’ve been bitten by a Brown Recluse. So no hating here! Love the pillows, paint the art and go smash that spider to smithereens! 🙂

• April 18, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Shannon, I had friend bit by a brown recluse. It took hunks of her foot. I am a scaredy cat now. Thank you for being a sister spider hater. : ) Love, Me

• April 18, 2012 at 3:36 am

I’ll be over in a sec! Spiders don’t bug me. If they did, I’d never leave my house. LOL! Lots~O~Bugs here on my property.

Looking good lady. Love the BRIGHT vibrant blue =)

• April 18, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Glad you like and wish you lived closer. I think you might get sick of my spider shout outs. We live in a “buggy” area as well. Love, Me

• April 18, 2012 at 3:55 am

Love the new pillows! I’ll check ’em out at Costco, you can’t make ’em for any less than that!

• April 18, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Thank you Kerry! That is what I was thinking about the deal on the pillows. By the time I make a pillow, then have to make two more after screwing the first two batches up, I would have spent a fortune! ; ) Love, Me

• April 18, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Ok…I love people, I do. But seriously??? It’s called the circle of life. I called a neighbor one time to get rid of a poisonous snake, he tossed it in my yard……..Next time, I took a shovel to it and didn’t call the neighbor. Found out he is a PETA person. Bless his heart. Love, Me

• April 18, 2012 at 9:08 am

Hey, next time warn a girl who has a major spider phobia before posting pics like that!! I’m traumatized now :+)

Very nice pillows, and I bought those same exact coasters at Pier 1 years ago! Why not paint the artwork a cobalt or midnight blue to really give it a POP??

• April 18, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I’m sorry Francy! I actually thought of that! We are twins with our coasters! Hmmm….like your cobalt and midnight blue idea. I am just trying to use the paint I have. I may have to see what I can come up with! Love, Me

• April 18, 2012 at 9:09 am

• April 18, 2012 at 9:09 am

• April 18, 2012 at 9:09 am

• April 18, 2012 at 9:09 am

• April 18, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Why did that post 4 times?? Sorry to take up space!

• April 18, 2012 at 10:55 am

No Costco here…sniff. or Home Goods…double sniff. Your post…HILARIOUS!

• April 18, 2012 at 11:07 am

It looks gorgeous! I’ve been looking for some pillows for my deck and it’s good to know that there are some out there at bargain prices.

You should have shooed that spider away. Now she’s probably laid a family of eggs…. 🙂

• April 18, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I had nightmares about your spider eggs comment last night. Thanks! ; ) My husband didn’t budge until this morning. Removed the spider and it’s evil twin!!!! Love, Me

• April 18, 2012 at 11:07 am

• April 18, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Love the pillows, the look wonderful around the pool. It has been close to 90 degrees here the past few days, would you mind if I come for a dip? I promise you won’t even know I am there!! :0)

• April 18, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Don’t know about 90 degrees recently being near you; I’m in CT and it was 92 here Monday! Love your pool area, all of it (except the spiders–shiver), could be at a nice resort. Big fan of those colors. Hubs uses his shop vac whenever possible to get spiders, but that one might have clogged it!
    craftythriftydecoratingwifemom.wordpress.com