Taking one for the team

There are times that projects do NOT come together, just like I shared in my DIY vortex and Faith of a Mustard Seed post.

In trying to be original, I am finding that sometimes my attempts can be misses.

To make myself feel better, I am going to call these attempts, “One for the team” projects. That way I can fool myself into believing that I will be preventing others from making the same design mistakes that I have made. I can fool myself into believing that maybe one of you needed to be stopped from making the same mistake….

Which leads me to today’s post.

A good project, gone bad.

So, today my friends,

You know how it is when something looks good in your head?

I will be giving this piece a facelift soon.

You can quote me on this:

“When you have to explain what you did…..It probably didn’t make sense in the first place.”
รขโ‚ฌโ€ YATTM (@YATTMBLOG) May 30, 2012 (TWEET THIS)

Have you ever had projects like that?

I would love to hear about it!

For real.

0 thoughts on “Taking one for the team

• May 30, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Yes, and I feel like I compare my projects to someone else’s too much and I don’t post many of them! It’s ok though, they’re not perfect just like you and I are not perfect. But He loves us anyway!

• May 30, 2012 at 6:00 pm

No need to explain, longitude and latitude. And I instantly recognized it because I’ve seen it in blogs recently. Not my personal favorite, so I’m totally with you on a re-do. Excellence next time. No pressure, now.
    Janet

• May 30, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I love seeing projects that are failures or at least, not smashing successes. It makes the person seem more real. We all have “misses” in our attempts to be creative and original, and it’d be nice to see more reality in blogosphere ๐Ÿ™‚ The table is cute though!

• May 30, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I had to smile at the honesty in your post as I am in the final editing stage of a post on my own rather “epic” failure wherein, I tried to “age” an older furniture piece using the “rust and vinegar method”. Suffice it to say that the piece is now painted and the post will be called “Rust Remover”. It sounded like a grand idea at the time and it works beautifully on NEW wood…on the older stuff…not-so-much! xo

• May 30, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I don’t think that it is a “miss” at all, just not finished yet. Ever think of getting a nautical chart and putting some of the designs on top, including the long. and lat lines? Don’t know, but I do things with flight charts and they look pretty good (to me).

• May 30, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Just had one of those “One for the Team” projects. Tried to make homemade chalk paint w/plaster paris. YUCK! Total disaster! Nasty! I stopped for the day & came in & fixed a marvelous frozen margarita. Next day I sanded the table down again & will paint a different color & no chalk paint. Next chalk paint project will be w/purchased chalk paint. But I learned something so not a loss.

• May 30, 2012 at 9:00 pm

I’m agreeing with Amy…I like it. Her ideas for it are good too! C’mon girl, don’t let it beat you! Fix it up….the idea is fabulous!

• May 31, 2012 at 12:42 am

OK, you can’t go through all that & NOT tell us what the numbers mean? I can tell they are longitude/latitude readings. Is it a special place to you? It makes perfect sense to me if that’s what it is. :o)