Pink end table

Want to see what my first piece was that sold at Inlet Queens?

I was torn even showing you this piece for two reasons.

# 1. I do not like pink

# 2. I do not like pink

But I am telling myself that I have to paint furniture that is not just my style….and so I tried to do that.

Ok, all disclaimers aside. Are you ready?

Congratulations! It’s a girl!

I don’t know what came over me but when I saw this little table at a thrift store it started telling me it needed to be pink.

And it needed to be two toned.

So, I gave it a shot.

And believe it or not, it was my first piece sold!

????????

I need to think out of the box more often.

Don’t ask me what is going on but I have really been “inspired” to paint children’s pieces lately.

This was just one of them.

I am even painting more pink?

What.The.Heck.?

Don’t be thinking that I’m getting all girl-ified.

I’m not.

I still only shave my legs for special occasions.

I’m just teasing!

Why shave them on special occasions?

I’m just teasing!

I shave them……

Sometimes.

But it’s not because I’m getting all girly with pink.

It’s just because this little thrift store, end-table spoke to me…..

And I had to comply.

And wait until you see what else I did.

I can’t wait to show you.

I’m really enjoying the children’s pieces.

What do you think?

Thinking pink was right? Scary?

I can’t wait to hear what you have to say!

PS. I’m linking up to:

If you are here visiting from one of the awesome linky parties below….stick around! Talk to me because I canNOT wait to meet you. Then subscribe to my blog by email (right sidebar) and “Like” me on Facebook. Facebook is a fun behind the scenes way we all get to know each other. Don’t miss out on a post! A ton of good stuff is going on. You can start catching up on the most popular reads from this week on the right sidebar. Thanks for stopping by! Love, Me….again.

9 thoughts on “Pink end table

• June 10, 2012 at 6:29 am

And here I thought that I was the only one who had furniture talk to her !

• June 10, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Yup. When furniture talks, and it does, you have to listen. Love this pink, but I love pink anyway, however this pink is subtle and not in your face, and the slate grey gives it a classic, sophisticated look.

Well done!

• June 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Enquering (how do you spell that?) minds want to know…what does the furniture say? No, seriously….it speaks to me too! My honey thinks I’ve lost it when I say that, but it’s so true (that it speaks to me… not that I’ve lost it, maybe!)

• June 10, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I only shave to wear a swim suit. 🙂 Not a fan of pink but that table is cute. It has a nice, subtle color on it, perfect for a sweet little girl’s room.

• June 10, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I love it. I’d have lots if pink furniture but foe some reason hubby doesn’t like that idea! I have a piece in my garage that has been yelling at me lately so I’d better get going on it!

• June 10, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I love it also—it’s not bold pink but subtle pink and obviously it sold because it’s different! What is the top material? I’ve been totally into childrens’ furniture too. Wish I could post a pic of a sweet white wicker children’s rocker I bought in Fla—-the slate blue “spoke to me” too and then I discovered the beads so had to add yellow! BTW—love the lines of this little table/chest you painted!

• June 11, 2012 at 2:30 am

Love the pale pink. I too listen to my furniture, and since I am not a patient person; it is HARD to wait for the piece to tell me what it needs. But it is so much WORSE if I don’t wait and listen! I painted something Tangerine, despite serious misgivings and it sold in 3 days. Congratulations!

• June 26, 2012 at 1:15 am

again… I love the pink. it is not one of my go-to decorating colors, but I would totally use that table in my house, which is full of me, and 3 grown boys, and 2 big dogs… (NOT girly/frilly AT ALL) but I am loving the pink!!! is this the same pink color as the Princess table from princess and pirate? this looks lighter…? beautiful, thanks for sharing and inspiring!!!