Brass Rubbermaid or Sterilite storage containers

Have you seen the fancy new brass Rubbermaid or Sterilite brass storage containers?

If you follow me on Pinterest then you may know my love of brass and color.

I think these are going to be PERFECT for my ongoing closet transformation!

What do you think?

brass storage container YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 5

Too funky for you?

brass storage container YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 3

Well, guess what?

If you like them……you will NOT be able to find them in stores.

brass storage container YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 2

And remember my commitment to spending ZERO dollars on my closet transformation?

Don’t worry……It’s still going strong.

I just took the containers I had……

brass storage container YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 1

And this……

brass storage container YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 6

Wah! Lah!

brass storage container YouAreTalkingTooMuch.com 5

I will share with you this week how I handled the scratching off issue.

Not leaving you hanging.

I just haven’t taken good pics.

Are you a brass person?

The pretty brass……

Like old, real brass?

Do you follow me on Pinterest?

Head over there to see what I mean.

So……what do you think?

If you don’t like brass…..what about nickel? Other colors?

I can’t wait to hear what you think.

10 thoughts on “Brass Rubbermaid or Sterilite storage containers

• January 21, 2013 at 3:37 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE the old, antique brass that hasn’t been lacquered and been allowed to age. My house is full of the shiny lacquered brass so popular in the 1980’s and I’m learning how to live with it by marrying it with the older stuff and mixing some metals. Can’t wait to see how your transformed the containers and the finished look of the closet!

• January 22, 2013 at 8:43 am

That is exactly what I am doing Holly…..marrying the old and the new. : ) We will be the brass soul sisters! Love having you here! XOXO Rebecca

• January 22, 2013 at 8:41 am

I am still not sure if this is going to be one of those projects you look back and say……”What the heck was I thinking?” XOXO! Rebecca

• January 22, 2013 at 11:49 am

Personally not a fan of “hot” colors. But what I absolutely positively LOVE and ADORE is that Y O U love it and are going for it : )

• January 22, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Oh, you almost had me! I was gonna get on you for “buying” something for your closet! Ha! Good for you! New, and yet, not. Just improved! Rebecca, you are awesome!

• January 24, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Did I miss the part on how you handled the scratching off issue?? Tell me more – tell me more!! 🙂 You rock!!

• February 5, 2013 at 12:33 am

Have actually had all this purging stuff on my list and you’ve given me the
    boost to tackle the problem.
    Love the transformation. Please let us in on the rubbing off part.
    This is a must do for me as i have the same drawers.
    where did you paint it in the winter.Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze let us in on all the secrets.
    Libby

• June 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I need to know the secret too, and I can’t find it!!!
    Thank you so much for the idea and I will be watching for your solution to the “scratch off” problem.
    Blessings,
    J

• June 27, 2013 at 6:45 am

Packing tape was my secret! It went on perfectly where the drawers slide in and out and you cannot tell. Perfect to keep the plastic from scratching. ; ) XOXO!